01. The smell of my father making toast in the kitchen.
02. Black candles.
03. Seeing an old friend and laying truths on the table and being fucking honest with each other.
04. Feeling strong and sure of myself.
05. Walks in the forest after breakfast.
06. Orange sunrises.
07. My new oracle deck. I'm obsessed!
08. Reading books under a blanket.
09. Sitting with my mother in terraces at night, eating pastries & chamomille tea and chatting about life.
10. Sitting on the ground barefoot in the forest.
11. New bedding.
12. New curtains.
13. Cozifying the home.
14. My dad's apple pie.
15. My dad's angelfood pie.
16. Spending a lot of time with my family.
17. Roadtrips to the mountains.
18. Spontaneous evenings at the cinema with my sister.
19. Cleaning up my garden after the second harvest & getting rid of everything that died after the summer.
20. Accompanying my dad to buy flowers for the cemetery.
21. My mom sleeping over.
22. Watching movies in bed covered by three blanket.
23. Being less social on purpose; taking care of my energy & health. Time to go inwards.
24. Homemade pumpkin spiced lattes.
25. Reviewing the goals in my workbook, striking goals I've accomplished & working out how to make the rest happen.
26. The smell of caramel.
27. Receiving & sending mail.
28. Chill evenings that require cardigan.
29. Drinking chamomille tea in bed.
30. Amazing soulful real & raw conversations with my sister lying in my gigantic bed.
So many of my favourite movies aren't that well known, and I'd like to give a voice to them because of how beautiful, touching and meaningful they are.
Make yourself a batch of popcorn (I like caramel!) or a gigantic cup of tea or coffee, grab a blanket and turn the lights off in the room. I hope at least one of these moves you :)
Les Choristes (The Chorus)
You know those rare films that somehow manage to wrap tragedy in a warm blanket of magic, miracles, humanity and sweetness? This is one of those.
The History Boys
The trailer doesn't do it justice; it seems borderline dumb. I found it heartFULL, mentally stimulating, warm & hilarious.
This movie is grossly underrated, in my opinion. It is complex, raw, and it sucks you entirely into the characters' world. It gives me a similar feeling to Dead Poets Society, in the sense that I feel as though I am part of the group of characters, and as though I'm living in that school, observing their cruel games, and getting emotionally invested in everything that's happening. And it is so honest regarding the so-called dark side of us human beings. The psychosis, the manipulation, the compulsive lying, and ultimately the fear and loneliness that drive us to behave in all those not-so-charming ways... make this a timeless jewel. Every time I watch it, it's a slap to my face, a wake-up call. At the same time, it's not all thorns and shadows; it's strangely cozy, visually appealing & captivating.
Friendship between loners and misfits. Another example of a film exploring the darker side of the psyche and, to an extent, the consequences of loneliness.
The trailer makes it look quite dull, in my opinion. But Dear Wendy is actually colorful, endearing, artsy and fucking intense.
Often rebuked, yet always back returning
Often rebuked, yet always back returning
To those first feelings that were born with me,
And leaving busy chase of wealth and learning
For idle dreams of things which cannot be:
To-day, I will seek not the shadowy region;
Its unsustaining vastness waxes drear;
And visions rising, legion after legion,
Bring the unreal world too strangely near.
I'll walk, but not in old heroic traces,
And not in paths of high morality,
And not among the half-distinguished faces,
The clouded forms of long-past history.
I'll walk where my own nature would be leading:
It vexes me to choose another guide:
Where the gray flocks in ferny glens are feeding;
Where the wild wind blows on the mountain side
What have those lonely mountains worth revealing?
More glory and more grief than I can tell:
The earth that wakes one human heart to feeling
Can centre both the worlds of Heaven and Hell.
Born and raised in Barcelona city, now living in a small town.